Mount the toll tag inside your windshield so that it will be easily detected and positioned safely and lawfully.
- Identify where to mount your tag inside your windshield. See the illustration.
- Clean the glass on the inside of your windshield for the placement area.
- Remove the plastic tape from the back of the Velcro mounting strips on the toll tag.
- Position and press the toll tag firmly against the glass.
FasTrak is not responsible for a lost toll tag due to the toll tag not adhering to the motorcycle windshield.
Other secure locations
Place the toll tag where it will be secure and be detected, such as:
Don't hold up the toll tag
It is illegal to hold up a toll tag up by hand while driving through a toll collection point.
Lawful positioning of a toll tag
Amendment to SEC.77, Section 26708 of the Vehicle Code, permitting: An electronic communication device affixed to the center uppermost portion of the interior of a windshield within an area that is not greater than 5 inches square, if the device provides either of the following:
- The capability for enforcement facilities of the Department of the California Highway Patrol to communicate with a vehicle equipped with the device.
- The capability for electronic toll and traffic management on public or private roads or facilities.
SEC. 77, Section 26708 of the Vehicle Code is amended to read: Signs, stickers, or other materials which are displayed in a 7-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield farthest removed from the driver, signs, stickers, or other materials which are displayed in a 7-inch square in the lower corner of the rear window farthest removed from the driver, or signs, stickers, or other materials which are displayed in a 5-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield nearest the driver.